Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hello there...

Ok, so I have told myself for the past 2 years that I would start to blog. Obviously, since this is my first entry, I have failed.. miserably. How to start? My name is Dana, friends call me Dane or D; neither of which I really had a say in, it just happened. If I could chose a nickname for myself it would be something like Sass or Fabulous. Something that really stayed true to who I am. Who am I? I am a red head with the personality to match. Unfortunately for those who know me, that also means I have a dash of Sagittarius; what a deadly combination that is. Continuing on my thoughts about my personality, you can gather that I am neurotic like Carrie Bradshaw, discombobulated like Bridget Jones & excitable like a pup.

Now that you know my ins, lets talk about my outs. I have lived in Texas, South Carolina, California & Michigan; when people ask where I am from I either tell them my abbreviated life story of north, south, east & west, or I just say "I am a lady of the land", which is the answer people appreciate more often than not. I have been to 16 different countries (Spain, Italy, England, Ireland, France, Germany, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Australia, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, Dominican Republic, etc.) Of where I have lived, I can say I enjoy Texas the most, but I am hoping to enjoy the leisurely lifestyle of New England in my near future. Of where I have traveled, Tuscany will always have my heart; Assisi & Certaldo, glorious. Between my travels & moves I managed to attend school throughout my life for no more than 2 years at a time, until college where I attended Michigan State for ALL 4 years... A huge feat if you ask me. I majored in Communications with a minor in Sociology, because lets face it, people and the relationship they have with their surroundings is very enticing. I conduct little experiments with myself by observing other people and playing games with them, while they are fully unaware. It is amazing what people will tell you, if you tell them a little scandal of your own. It is like opening Pandora's box... and, honey, it will always be something worth hearing. This hobby has enabled me to be very self-aware; offering this interest as a blessing & a curse. I know that I have a weakness for gossip, shopping & wine, but have the strength of being the life of the conversation (or of the karaoke bar).

So, why sociology & a glass of wine? Well... the title speaks for itself. I am a girl who fancies observing people & how their surroundings influence their behavior while enjoying life with a glass of wine in my hand. For those of you who are out to bash just to have a voice in this world of self-interest and self-obsession, no I am not an alcoholic, so please save your cyber-PSA for someone who will benefit from your motivational message.

While living all over America, I have solidified my style as preppy & classic. I never leave the house without my David Yurman bracelet or my Ralph Lauren over-sized sunglasses, but I am always down for a good romp in the snow with my snowboard & a few beers. I believe throughout my college career, I wore sweats to class a total of 4 times, all of which were when I was extremely hung over &, really, when I say sweats I mean yoga pants. Otherwise it was a pair of J. Crew pants and a fabulous cardigan for me.  I had my ups & downs with fashion, but I feel at the age of 22, I have really got my rhythm going.

After all of my background, the gist is, I want to write this blog because I have never met a stranger & I feel that I can relate to a lot of girls out there stuck between sorority & semi-awkward. PS- I was never in a sorority, although I seriously considered to notion seeing as my mother begged me to be a Kappa Kappa Gamma. Please stay tuned. I promise I will hold little back & will try to be as fabulous as I can be along the way.

Yours,
DB

1 comment:

  1. HAH!! A FABULOSA introduction!!

    WHEN will we hear the latest? (8/26/20)

    ReplyDelete